Adjective: left-handed 'left'han-did
- Using or intended for the left hand
"left-handed scissors"; "left-handed golfers need left-handed clubs"
- (of marriages) illicit or informal
"in Colonial America left-handed marriages between Frenchmen and Indians were frequent"
- (of marriages) of a marriage between one of royal or noble birth and one of lower rank; valid but with the understanding that the rank of the inferior remains unchanged and offspring do not succeed to titles or property of the superior
- Rotating to the left
- levorotary [US], levorotatory [N. Amer], laevorotatary, laevorotatory [Brit, Cdn]
- Ironically ambiguous
"a left-handed compliment"
- Lacking physical movement skills, especially with the hands
"a left-handed mechanic";
- bumbling, bungling, butterfingered, ham-fisted, ham-handed, handless, heavy-handed
See also: ambiguous, anticlockwise [Brit], contraclockwise [non-standard], counterclockwise [N. Amer], illegitimate, left, left-hand, legitimate, maladroit, sinistral
Antonym: ambidextrous, right-handed