Noun: lesson le-sun
- A unit of instruction
"he took driving lessons"
- Punishment intended as a warning to others
"they decided to make an object lesson of him";
- example, deterrent example, object lesson
- The significance of a story or event
"the lesson of the story is to love thy neighbour";
- A task assigned for individual study
"he did the lesson for today"
- A section of the Bible or other religious text read as part of a service
Sounds like: leer, Lear, sson, le
Derived forms: lessons
Type of: admonition, import, instruction, meaning, monition, pedagogy, school assignment, schoolwork, significance, signification, teaching, warning, word of advice
Part of: class, course, course of instruction, course of study, didactics, education, educational activity, instruction, pedagogy, teaching