Noun: letting le-ting
Verb: let (let,letting) let
- Property that is leased or rented out or let
- lease, rental
- Make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
- allow, permit
- Actively cause something to happen
"I let it be known that I was not interested"
- Consent to, give permission
"I won't let the police search her basement";
- permit, allow, countenance
- Cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition
"This let me in for a big surprise";
- get, have
- Leave unchanged
"let it be"
- Grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
"I am letting my country estate to some foreigners";
- lease, rent
- Assume or suppose that
"let X be an integer greater than 1"
Derived forms: lettings
Type of: accept, belongings, cause, consent, get, give, go for, have, holding, induce, leave, leave alone, leave behind, make, property, stimulate
Encyclopedia: Letting Let, West Virginia