Noun: lightweight 'lIt,weyt
Adjective: lightweight 'lIt,weyt
- A professional boxer who weighs between 131 and 135 pounds
- Someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous
- whippersnapper, jackanapes [archaic]
- An amateur boxer who weighs no more than 132 pounds
- A wrestler who weighs 139-154 pounds
- Weighing relatively little compared with another item or object of similar use
"a lightweight fabric"; "lightweight wood"
- Having no importance or influence
"a lightweight intellect"
Derived forms: lightweights
See also: light, unimportant
Type of: boxer, cipher, cypher, gladiator, grappler, matman, nobody, nonentity, prizefighter, pugilist, wrestler