Verb: loop loop
Noun: loop loop
- Move in loops
"The bicycle looped around the tree"
- Make a loop in
"loop a rope";
- Fly loops, perform a loop
"the stunt pilot looped his plane"
- Wind around something in coils or loops
- coil, curl
- Fasten or join with a loop
"He looped the watch through his belt"
- Fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
- cringle, eyelet, grommet, grummet
- Anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself)
- (computing) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated
"the solution took hundreds of loops";
- An inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan)
"he's no longer in the loop"
- The basic pattern of the human fingerprint
- A computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied
- The topology of a network whose components are serially connected in such a way that the last component is connected to the first component
- loop topology
- An intrauterine device in the shape of a loop
- A complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates
- closed circuit
- A flight manoeuvre; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
Sounds like: loonie, loloop, l
Derived forms: looping, looped, loops
Type of: aeroplane manoeuvre [Brit], airplane maneuver [US], airplane manoeuvre [Cdn], bind, camp, circle, circuit, circulate, clique, computer program, computer programme [Brit], coterie, electric circuit, electrical circuit, entwine, fastener, fastening, fingerprint, fixing, flight maneuver [US], flight manoeuvre [Brit, Cdn], holdfast, ingroup, inner circle, intrauterine device, IUD, Jordan curve, knit, network topology, pack, physical process, process, program, programme [Brit, Cdn], roll, simple closed curve, tie, topology, twine, wind, wrap
Encyclopedia: Loop, Texarkana