Noun: looseness loos-nus
- Frequent and watery bowel movements; can be a symptom of infection or food poisoning or colitis or a gastrointestinal tumour
- diarrhea [N. Amer], diarrhoea [Brit, Cdn], looseness of the bowels
- Freedom from restraint
"the flexibility and looseness of the materials from which mythology is made"
- A lack of strict accuracy; laxity of practice
"misunderstandings can often be traced to a looseness of expression"
- The quality of movability by virtue of being free from attachment or other restraints
- Movement or space for movement
- Dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure
- profligacy, dissipation, dissolution, licentiousness
Type of: inaccuracy, intemperance, intemperateness, movability, movableness, self-indulgence, symptom, unrestraint
Antonym: fixedness, tightness
Part of: dysentery