Noun: manual man-yoo-ul
Adjective: manual man-yoo-ul
- A handbook that instructs on how to use a particular device or piece of software
- (military) a prescribed drill in handling a rifle
- manual of arms
- A transmission that is operated manually with a gear lever and a clutch pedal
- standard transmission, stick shift [N. Amer], manual transmission
- Of or relating to the hands
- Requiring human effort
"a manual transmission"
- Doing or requiring physical work
"manual labour"; "manual labourer"
Derived forms: manuals
See also: blue-collar, hand-operated, non-automatic
Type of: drill, enchiridion, exercise, handbook, practice, practice session, recitation, transmission, transmission system, vade mecum