Verb: maroon mu'roon
Adjective: maroon mu'roon
- Leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue
"the travellers were marooned";
- Leave stranded on a desert island without resources
"The mutinous sailors were marooned on an island"
Noun: maroon mu'roon
- Of dark brownish to purplish red
- A person who is stranded (as on an island)
"when the tide came in I was a maroon out there"
- A dark purplish-red to dark brownish-red colour
- An exploding firework used as a warning signal
Derived forms: maroons, marooned, marooning
See also: chromatic
Type of: abandon, desert, desolate, firework, forsake, insulate, isolate, purplish red, purplish-red, pyrotechnic, unfortunate, unfortunate person