Adjective: masked mãskt
Verb: mask mãsk
- Having its true character concealed with the intent of misleading
- cloaked, disguised
- Having markings suggestive of a mask
"the masked face of a raccoon"
- Hide under a false appearance
"He masked his disappointment";
- dissemble, cloak
- Put a mask on or cover with a mask
"Mask the children for Halloween"
- Make unrecognizable
"The herb masks the garlic taste";
- (cooking) cover with a sauce
"mask the meat"
- (photography) shield from light
- block out
See also: covert, marked
Type of: conceal, cover, hide
Encyclopedia: Masked Mask