Noun: member mem-bu(r)
- One of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participate in a group organization)
"only members will be admitted"; "a member of the faculty"; "she was introduced to all the members of his family";
- fellow member
- Anything that belongs to a set or class
"snakes are members of the class Reptilia"; "members of the opposite sex"
- An external body part that projects from the body
- extremity, appendage
- An organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations)
"the library was a member of the interlibrary loan association"; "Canada is a member of the United Nations"
- The male organ of copulation ('member' is a euphemism)
- penis, phallus
Derived forms: members
Type of: associate, component, component part, constituent, erectile organ, external body part, part, portion, social unit, unit
Part of: family jewels, lunch box [Brit, informal], male genital organ, male genitalia, male genitals, male reproductive system
Encyclopedia: Member, Trust Institute