Adjective: missing mi-sing
Verb: miss mis
- Not able to be found
"missing in action"; "a missing person"
"her appetite was missing";
- lacking, absent, wanting
- Fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
"I missed that remark"; "She missed his point";
- Feel or suffer from the lack of
"He misses his mother"
- Fail to attend an event or activity
"I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- Leave undone or leave out
"How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten";
- neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, leave out, overlook, overleap
- Fail to reach or get to on time
"She missed her train"
- Be without
"There is something missing in my jewellery box!";
- Fail to hit
"The arrow missed the target"
- Be absent
"The child had been missing for a week"
- Fail to experience
"Fortunately, I missed the hurricane";
See also: lost, nonexistent
Type of: avoid, desire, fail, go wrong, miscarry, neglect, want
Antonym: attend, have, hit
Encyclopedia: Missing Miss