Noun: mushroom 'músh,room or 'músh,rûm or músh-rum
Verb: mushroom 'músh,room or 'músh,rûm or músh-rum
- Fleshy body of any of numerous edible fungi
- Common name for an edible agaric (contrasting with the inedible toadstool)
- Mushrooms and related fleshy fungi (including toadstools, puffballs, morels, coral fungi, etc.)
- Any of various fleshy fungi of the subdivision Basidiomycota consisting of a cap at the end of a stem arising from an underground mycelium
- A large cloud of rubble and dust shaped like a mushroom and rising into the sky after an explosion (especially of a nuclear bomb)
- mushroom cloud, mushroom-shaped cloud
- Pick or gather mushrooms
"We went mushrooming in the Fall"
- Grow and spread fast
"The problem mushroomed"
Derived forms: mushrooming, mushrooms, mushroomed
Type of: agaric, basidiomycete, basidiomycetous fungi, cloud, cull, grow, pick, pluck, veg, vegetable, veggie
Part of: stuffed mushroom