Verb: must múst
Adjective: must múst
- Be compelled, be necessary, have to, ought to
"I must take the test before I can drive"; "you really must tidy the room some time"; "to pass the exam you must work hard"
Noun: must múst
- Highly recommended
"a book that is must reading"
- A necessary or essential thing
"seat belts are an absolute must"
- Grape juice before or during fermentation
- The quality of smelling or tasting old or stale or mouldy
- mustiness, moldiness [N. Amer], mouldiness [Brit, Cdn]
- An annual phase of heightened sexual excitement in the males of certain large mammals (especially elephants); is associated with discharge from a gland between the eye and ear
Sounds like: muse, mews, Meuse, must, musth, mu
Derived forms: musts, musted, musting
See also: essential
Type of: essential, grape juice, necessary, necessity, phase, requirement, requisite, stage, staleness