Verb: nod (nodded,nodding) nód
Noun: nod nód
- Express or signify by nodding
"He nodded his approval"
- Lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent, agreement or confirmation
"The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- Let the head fall forward through drowsiness
"The old man was nodding in his chair"
- Sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion
"the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
- Be almost asleep
"The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"
- A sign of assent, salutation or command
- The act of nodding the head
Derived forms: nodding, nodded, nods
Type of: communicate, drowse, gesticulate, gesture, inclination, inclining, intercommunicate, motion, move