Adjective: nursed nurst
Verb: nurse nurs
- (of an infant) breast-fed
- (medicine) try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
"He nursed his cold with Chinese herbs"
- Maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
"nurse a resentment";
- harbor [N. Amer], harbour [Brit, Cdn], hold, entertain
- Serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people
- Treat carefully
"He nursed his injured back by lying in bed several hours every afternoon"; "He nursed the flowers in his garden and fertilized them regularly"
- (of a woman) produce breast milk for a baby to drink
"You cannot nurse your baby in public in some places";
- breastfeed, suckle, suck, wet-nurse, lactate, give suck
See also: breast-fed
Type of: care, care for, do by, experience, feed, feel, give, give care, handle, treat