Noun: one wún
Adjective: one wún
- The smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
"he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"; "they had lunch at one";
- 1, I, ace, single, unity
- A single person or thing
"he is the best one"; "this is the one I ordered"
Pronoun: one wún
- Used of a single unit or thing; not two or more
- 1, i, ane [UK, dialect]
- Having the indivisible character of a unit
"spoke with one voice";
- Of the same kind or quality
"two animals of one species"
- Used informally as an intensifier
"that is one fine dog"
- Indefinite in time or position
"he will come one day"; "one place or another"
- Being a single entity made by combining separate components
"three chemicals combining into one solution"
- Eminent beyond or above comparison
"she's one girl in a million"; "the one and only Muhammad Ali";
- matchless, nonpareil, one and only, peerless, unmatched, unmatchable, unrivaled [US], unrivalled [Brit, Cdn]
- A person in general
"can one swim there?"
- A specified thing
"the one on top"
Sounds like: oiler, r, o
Derived forms: ones
See also: cardinal, combined, extraordinary, incomparable, indefinite, same, uncomparable, united
Type of: digit, figure, unit
Encyclopedia: One, Incorporated One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church One, Kansas City Place One, No one and One Hundred Thousand One, Maybe Two, Ways Out One, Brief, Shining Moment One One, Great, Free One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church One, Great and Free One, Two One, Two, Three, Four, Live! One, Two, Three, Four, Five One, Two Step One, incorporated One, holy, catholic and apostolic Church One, Two, I Love You One, Two, Buckle My Shoe One, Two, Step One, Two, Three, Four One, Two, Three