Adjective: outstanding ,awt'stan-ding
- Distinguished from others in excellence
"did outstanding work in human relations"; "an outstanding war record"
- Having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
"an outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom";
- prominent, salient, spectacular, striking
- Owed as a debt
- owing, undischarged
- Of major significance or importance
"Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th century";
- Unresolved; not settled or finished
"two issues remain outstanding"
See also: conspicuous, important, of import, superior, unpaid