Verb: overlap (overlapped,overlapping) 'ow-vu(r),lap
Noun: overlap 'ow-vu(r),lap
- Coincide partially or wholly
"Our vacations overlap"
- Extend over and cover a part of
"The roofs of the houses overlap in this crowded city"
- A representation of common ground between theories or phenomena
"there was no overlap between their proposals";
- convergence, intersection
- The property of partial coincidence in time
- A flap that lies over another part
"the overlap of the shingles should be at least ten inches";
Derived forms: overlapped, overlaps, overlapping
Type of: coincide, coincidence, concurrence, conjunction, continue, cooccur, co-occur, co-occurrence, cover, extend, flap, internal representation, mental representation, representation