Noun: pencil pen-sul
Verb: pencil (pencilled,pencilling, or [US] penciled,penciling) pen-sul
- A thin cylindrical pointed writing implement; a rod of marking substance encased in wood
- Graphite (or a similar substance) used in such a way as to be a medium of communication
"the words were scribbled in pencil"; "this artist's favourite medium is pencil"
- (geometry) a figure formed by a set of straight lines or light rays meeting at a point
- A cosmetic in a long thin stick; designed to be applied to a particular part of the face
"an eyebrow pencil"
- Write, draw, or trace with a pencil
"he penciled a figure"
Derived forms: pencils, pencilled, penciling, pencilling
See also: pencilled [Brit, Cdn]
Type of: black lead, cosmetic, draw, figure, graphite, plumbago, writing implement