Noun: pest pest
- Any unwanted and destructive insect or other animal that attacks food or crops or livestock etc.
"he sprayed the garden to get rid of pests"; "many pests have developed resistance to the common pesticides"
- A serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of a flea that has bitten an infected animal
- plague, pestilence, pestis
- Any epidemic disease with a high death rate
- plague, pestilence
- A persistently annoying person
- blighter, cuss, pesterer, gadfly
Derived forms: pests
Type of: animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, epidemic disease, fauna, persecutor, tormenter, tormentor
Encyclopedia: Pest, Hungary