Noun: picket pi-kit
Verb: picket pi-kit
- A person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- lookout, lookout man, sentinel, sentry, watch, spotter, scout
- A detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack
- A protester posted by a labour organization outside a place of work
- (military) a vehicle performing sentinel duty
- A wooden strip forming part of a fence
- A form of military punishment used by the British in the late 17th century in which a soldier was forced to stand on one foot on a pointed stake
- Serve as pickets or post pickets
"picket a business to protest the layoffs"
- Fasten with a picket
"picket the goat"
Derived forms: picketing, pickets, picketed
Type of: demonstrate, demonstrator, detachment, fasten, fix, march, military vehicle, protester, protestor, secure, security guard, strip, torture, torturing, watcher, watchman
Part of: paling, picket fence