Adjective: poised poyzd
Verb: poise poyz
- Marked by balance or equilibrium and readiness for action
"a gull in poised flight"; "George's poised hammer"
- In full control of your faculties
"perfectly poised and sure of himself";
- collected, equanimous, self-collected, self-contained, self-possessed
- Be motionless, in suspension
"The bird poised for a few moments before it attacked"
- Prepare (oneself) for something unpleasant or difficult
- Cause to be balanced or suspended
- Hold or carry in equilibrium
See also: balanced, composed
Type of: bear, carry, fix, gear up, hold, hover, lay, place, pose, position, prepare, put, ready, set, set up