Noun: poorness por-nus or pûr-nus
- The state of having little or no money and few or no material possessions
- poverty, impoverishment, immiserisation [Brit], immiserization, immiseration
- Less than adequate
"the relative poorness of New England farmland"
- The quality of being meagre
- meagerness [N. Amer], meagreness [Brit, Cdn], leanness, scantiness, scantness, exiguity
- The quality of being poorly made or maintained
"she was unrecognizable because of the poorness of the photography"
Type of: aridity, barrenness, deficiency, financial condition, fruitlessness, inadequacy, inferiority, insufficiency, low quality