Adjective: pumped púmpt
Verb: pump púmp
- Tense with excitement and enthusiasm as from a rush of adrenaline
"we were really pumped up for the race"; "he was so pumped he couldn't sleep"; "we were really pumped-up for the race";
- pumped-up, pumped up, wired
- Operate like a pump; move up and down, like a handle or a pedal
"pump the gas pedal"
- Deliver forth
"pump bullets into the dummy"
- Draw or pour with a pump
- Supply in great quantities
"Pump money into a project"
- Flow intermittently
- Move up and down
"The athlete pumps weights in the gym"
- Raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
- Question persistently
"She pumped the witnesses for information"
See also: tense
Type of: blast, bring up, displace, draw, elevate, furnish, get up, gush, handle, lift, manage, move, provide, query, question, raise, render, shoot, spirt, spout, spurt, supply, take out, wield
Encyclopedia: Pumped Pump