Noun: quotation kwow'tey-shun
- A short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
"the student's essay failed to list several important quotations";
- citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention
- A passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- quote, citation
- A statement of the current market price of a security or commodity
- The practice of quoting from books or plays etc.
"since he lacks originality he must rely on quotation"
- [Brit] A statement indicating the likely cost of some job
- estimate, quote
Derived forms: quotations
Type of: annotation, excerpt, excerption, extract, notation, note, pattern, practice, selection, statement