Noun: rate reyt
Verb: rate reyt
- A magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit
"they travelled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis
"a 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5";
- charge per unit
- The relative speed of progress or change
"he works at a great rate";
- A quantity or amount or measure considered as a proportion of another quantity or amount or measure
"the literacy rate"; "the retention rate"; "the dropout rate"
- Assign a rank or rating to
"The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide";
- rank, range, order, grade, place
- Be worthy of or have a certain rating
"This bond rates highly"
- Evalulate how important or likely something is
"Gold was rated highly among the Romans"; "How would you rate his chances to become President?";
Derived forms: rated, rates, rating
Type of: appraise, assess, be, charge, evaluate, judge, magnitude relation, measure, pass judgment, proportion, quantitative relation, scope, temporal property, valuate, value