Adjective: reciprocal ri'si-pru-kul
Noun: reciprocal ri'si-pru-kul
- Concerning each of two or more persons or things; especially given or done in return
- Of or relating to the multiplicative inverse of a quantity or function
"the reciprocal ratio of a:b is b:a"
- Something (a term, expression or concept) that has a reciprocal relation to something else
"risk is the reciprocal of safety"
- (mathematics) one of a pair of numbers whose product is 1: the reciprocal of 2/3 is 3/2; the multiplicative inverse of 7 is 1/7
- multiplicative inverse
- Hybridization involving a pair of crosses that reverse the sexes associated with each genotype
- reciprocal cross
Derived forms: reciprocals
See also: bilateral, correlative, interactional, interactive, inverse, reciprocative, reciprocatory, trilateral
Type of: cross, crossbreeding, crossing, hybridisation [Brit], hybridising [Brit], hybridization, hybridizing, interbreeding, inverse, opposite, reciprocality, reciprocity