Verb: reek reek
Noun: reek reek
- Have an element suggestive (of something)
"his speeches reeked of racism";
- smack, smell
- Smell badly and offensively
"The building reeks of smoke";
- stink, hum [Brit]
- Be wet with sweat or blood, as of one's face
- Give off smoke, fumes, warm vapour, steam, etc.
"Marshes reeking in the sun"
- A distinctive odour that is offensively unpleasant
- malodor [US], malodour [Brit, Cdn], stench, stink, fetor, foetor [Brit], mephitis
Derived forms: reeking, reeks, reeked
Type of: emit, evoke, exudate, exude, give off, give out, odor [US], odour [Brit, Cdn], olfactory perception, olfactory sensation, ooze, ooze out, paint a picture, smell, suggest, transude
Encyclopedia: Reek Reek, Netherlands