Verb: relay ri'ley or ree'ley or 'ree,ley
Noun: relay ri'ley or ree'ley or 'ree,ley
- Pass along
"Please relay the news to the villagers"
- Control or operate by relay
Verb: relay (relaid) ree'ley
- The act of passing something along from one person or group to another
"the relay was successful"
- A crew of workers who relieve another crew
- A fresh team to relieve weary draft animals
- A race between teams; each member runs or swims part of the distance
- relay race
- Electrical device such that current flowing through it in one circuit can switch on and off a current in a second circuit
- electrical relay
- Lay again
"she relaid the carpet"
Derived forms: relayed, relaying, relays, relaid
Type of: communicate, control, electrical device, handing over, operate, pass, pass along, pass on, passage, put across, race, shift, team
Part of: circuit, electric circuit, electrical circuit
Encyclopedia: Relay, Maryland