Noun: restoration ,re-stu'rey-shun
- The act of restoring something or someone to a satisfactory state
- Getting something back again
- restitution, return, regaining
- The state of being restored to its former good condition
"the inn was a restoration of a Colonial house";
- renovation, refurbishment
- Some artifact that has been restored or reconstructed
"the restoration looked exactly like the original"
- A model that represents the landscape of a former geological age, or that represents an extinct animal, etc.
- The reign of Charles II in England; 1660-1685
- The re-establishment of the British monarchy in 1660
Derived forms: restorations
Type of: acquisition, age, artefact [Brit], artifact [N. Amer], fix, fixing, fixture, group action, historic period, improvement, melioration, mend, mending, model, repair, reparation, simulation
Encyclopedia: Restoration, or the Diamond Cross