Adjective: sad (sadder,saddest) sad
- Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness
"feeling sad because his dog had died"; "Better by far that you should forget and smile / Than that you should remember and be sad"
- Of things that make you feel sad
"sad news"; "she doesn't like sad movies"; "it was a very sad story"; "When I am dead, my dearest, / Sing no sad songs for me"
- Bad; unfortunate
"her clothes were in sad shape";
- deplorable, distressing, lamentable, pitiful, sorry
- (spoken slang) unfashionable and boring
- A form of depression caused by the lack of natural light during the winter months
- seasonal affective disorder
Derived forms: saddest, sadder
See also: bad, bittersweet, doleful, heavyhearted, melancholic, melancholy, mournful, pensive, sorrowful, tragic, tragical, tragicomic, tragicomical, wistful
Encyclopedia: Sad, Oman Sad Sad, Sad Song Sad, Podlaskie Voivodeship SAD