Noun: seeking see-king
Verb: seek (sought) seek
- The act of searching for something
- An attempt to acquire or gain something
- Try to get or reach
"seek a position"; "seek an education"; "seek happiness"
- Try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of
- search, look for
- Make an effort to accomplish something
"He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world";
- try, attempt, essay, assay
- Go to or towards
"a liquid seeks its own level"
- Inquire for
"seek directions from a local"
Derived forms: seekings
See also: sought
Type of: act, attempt, desire, effort, endeavor [US], endeavour [Brit, Cdn], go, hunt, hunting, locomote, move, request, search, travel, try, want
Encyclopedia: Seeking Seek Seek, and ye shall find