Adjective: sheared sheerd
Verb: shear sheer
- Having the hair or wool cut or clipped off as if with shears or clippers
"naked as a sheared sheep";
- (used especially of fur or wool) shaped or finished by cutting or trimming to a uniform length
"a coat of sheared lamb"
- Cut to the desired shape or thickness using shears
- Shave the wool from
- Cut or cut through with shears
"shear the wool off the lamb"
- (physics) become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
See also: cut
Type of: change, clip, crop, cut, cut back, dress, lop, prune, shave, snip, trim