Noun: shears sheerz
Noun: shear sheer
- Large scissors with strong blades
Verb: shear sheer
- (physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves
"the shear changed the rectangle into a parallelogram"
- A large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it
- Cut to the desired shape or thickness using shears
- Shave the wool from
- Cut or cut through with shears
"shear the wool off the lamb"
- (physics) become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
Sounds like: shear, sheershears, sheers
Type of: change, clip, crop, cut, cut back, deformation, dress, edge tool, lop, pair of scissors, prune, scissors, shave, snip, trim
Encyclopedia: Shears Shear