Noun: shopping shó-ping
Verb: shop (shopped,shopping) shóp
- Searching for or buying goods or services
"went shopping for a reliable plumber"; "does her shopping at the mall rather than down town"
- The commodities purchased from stores
"she loaded her shopping into the car"
- Do one's shopping
"She goes shopping every Friday"
- Do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- patronize, patronise [Brit], shop at, buy at, frequent, sponsor
- Visit and look around a shop or shops, not necessarily buying
"I don't need help, I'm just shopping";
- Give away information about somebody
- denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, snitch, stag, squeak
Derived forms: shoppings
Type of: back up, buying, commodity, good, inform, look for, obtain, purchasing, search, seek, support, trade good
Encyclopedia: Shopping Shop, Cornwall