Noun: shortness short-nus
- The property of being of short spatial extent
"the shortness of the Channel crossing"
- The condition of being short of something
"there was no shortness of money"; "can cause shortness of breath"
- The property of being truncated or short
- The property of being of short temporal extent
"the shortness of air travel time"
- The property of being shorter than average stature
- An abrupt discourteous manner
"his antagonistic shortness";
- abruptness, brusqueness, curtness, gruffness
Type of: deficiency, discourtesy, duration, height, lack, length, lowness, rudeness, stature, want
Antonym: longness, tallness