Adjective: sizzling si-zu-ling
Verb: sizzle si-zul
- Hot enough to burn with or as if with a hissing sound
"a sizzling steak"; "a sizzling spell of weather"
- Characterized by intense emotion, interest or excitement
"sizzling political issues";
- Make a sound like frying fat
- Seethe with deep anger or resentment
"She was sizzling with anger"
- Burn or sear with a sizzling sound
"The fat sizzled in the pan"
See also: hot
Type of: boil, make noise, noise, resound, scorch, sear, seethe
Encyclopedia: Sizzling Sizzle