Noun: slam dunk
Verb: slam-dunk ,slam'dúngk
- Something that is a sure to occur; a foregone conclusion
"predicting his success was a slam dunk"
- A forceful dunk
- A basketball shot in which the basketball is propelled downward into the basket
- dunk, dunk shot, stuff shot
- Make a forceful move against
"the electronic travel market is slam-dunking traditional travel agencies"
- (basketball) make a slam dunk; shoot a basketball in a slam dunk
Derived forms: slam-dunked, slam dunks, slam-dunks, slam-dunking
Type of: affect, basketball shot, bear on, bear upon, certainty, dunk, foregone conclusion, impact, sure thing, touch, touch on
Encyclopedia: Slam dunk Slam-dunk