Noun: smoothness smoodh-nus
- A texture without roughness; smooth to the touch
"admiring the slim smoothness of her thighs"; "some artists prefer the smoothness of a board"
- Powerful and effective language
"his oily smoothness concealed his guilt from the police";
- eloquence, fluency
- The quality of being bland and gracious or ingratiating in manner
- suavity, suaveness, blandness
- The quality of having a level and even surface
"the water was a glassy smoothness"; "the weather system of the Pacific is determined by the uninterrupted smoothness of the ocean"
- The quality of being free from errors or interruptions
"the five-speed manual gearbox is smoothness personified"
Type of: effortlessness, evenness, expressive style, graciousness, invariability, style, texture