Noun: sops sóps
Noun: sop sóp
- Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid
Verb: sop (sopped,sopping) sóp
- A concession given to mollify or placate
"the offer was a sop to my feelings"
- Give a conciliatory gift or bribe to
- Be or become thoroughly soaked or saturated with a liquid
- soak through
- Dip into liquid
"sop bread into the sauce"
- Cover with liquid; pour liquid onto
"sop water on his hot face";
- drench, douse, dowse, soak, souse
Type of: bit, bite, bribe, buy, concession, corrupt, dip, douse, dunk, grease one's palms, morsel, ooze through, plunge, souse, wet