Noun: sounder sawn-du(r)
Adjective: sound (sounder,soundest) sawnd
- A device for making soundings
- Financially secure and safe
"sound investments"; "a sound economy"
- Exercising or showing good judgment
"a sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision";
- healthy, intelligent, levelheaded, level-headed
- In good condition; free from defect, damage or decay
"a sound timber"; "the wall is sound"; "a sound foundation"
- In excellent physical condition
"a sound mind in a sound body";
- Logically valid
"a sound argument";
- reasoned, well-grounded
- Having legal efficacy or force
"a sound title to the property";
- legal, effectual
- Free from moral defect
"a man of sound character"
- (of sleep) deep and complete
"a sound sleeper";
- heavy, profound, wakeless
"a sound thrashing"
Derived forms: sounders
See also: complete, deep, dependable, fit, good, healthy, reasonable, righteous, safe, secure, sensible, solid, stable, strong, substantial, unbroken, undamaged, uninjured, valid, wholesome
Type of: device
Encyclopedia: Sounder Sound, Lerwick