Adjective: stained steynd
Verb: stain steyn
- Marked, dyed or discoloured with foreign matter
"a badly stained tablecloth"; "tear-stained cheeks"
- Having a coating of stain or varnish
- Colour with a liquid dye or tint
"Stain this table a beautiful walnut colour"; "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
- Produce or leave stains
"Red wine stains the table cloth"
- Make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically
"The silver was stained by the long exposure to the air";
- tarnish, maculate, sully, defile
- Colour for microscopic study
See also: painted
Type of: alter, blob, blot, change, dye, fleck, modify, spot
Encyclopedia: Stained Stain