Adjective: steamed steemd
Verb: steam steem
- Cooked in steam
- Aroused to impatience or anger
- annoyed, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, riled, roiled, stung, hacked off [Brit]
- Travel by means of steam power
"The ship steamed off into the Pacific";
- Emit steam
"The rain forest was literally steaming"
- Rise as vapour
- Get very angry
"her indifference to his amorous advances really steamed the young man"
- Clean by means of steaming
"steam-clean the upholstered sofa";
- steam clean
- (cooking) cook something by letting steam pass over it
"just steam the vegetables"
See also: cooked, displeased
Type of: anger, arise, clean, come up, cook, emit, give off, give out, go, go up, lift, locomote, make clean, move, move up, rise, see red, travel, uprise
Encyclopedia: Steamed Steam