Adjective: storming stor-ming
Verb: storm storm
- (informal) brilliant; very good
- blinding [Brit], stonking [Brit], brill [Brit], wicked, ace, def, magic [Brit], smokin', smoking, super, sick [N. Amer]
- Behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
- ramp, rage
- Take by force
"Storm the fort";
- Rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning
"If it storms, we'll need shelter"
- Blow hard
"It was storming all night"
- Attack by storm; attack suddenly
See also: awesome [informal], beaut [Austral, NZ], excellent, fantabulous, first-class, splendid, top-drawer
Type of: act, assail, attack, behave, blow, do, penetrate, perforate
Encyclopedia: Storming Storm