Adjective: struggling strú-gu-ling
Verb: struggle strú-gul
- Engaged in a struggle to overcome especially poverty or obscurity
"a financially struggling theatre"; "struggling artists"
- Make a strenuous or laboured effort
"She struggled for years to survive without welfare";
- To exert strenuous effort against opposition
"he struggled to get free from the rope"
- Climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
- clamber, scramble, shin, shinny [N. Amer], skin, sputter
- Be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight
"Militant groups are struggling for control of the country";
- contend, fight
See also: troubled
Type of: assay, attempt, climb, endeavor [US], endeavour [Brit, Cdn], essay, seek, strive, try