Adjective: stunning stú-ning
Verb: stun (stunned,stunning) stún
- Commanding attention
"a stunning performance";
- arresting, sensational
- Causing great astonishment and consternation
"the strike came as a stunning protest against management"; "a stunning defeat"
- Causing or capable of causing bewilderment or shock or insensibility
"laid the poor fellow senseless with one stunning blow"; "a stunning detonation with volumes of black smoke"
- Strikingly beautiful or attractive
"quite stunning with large dark eyes and a beautiful high-bosomed figure"; "stunning photographs of Canada's wilderness areas"
- Make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow
- Hit something or somebody as if with a sandbag
- Overcome as with astonishment or disbelief
"The news stunned her";
- bedaze, daze
See also: beautiful, disorienting, impressive, surprising
Type of: desensitise [Brit], desensitize, hit, immobilise [Brit], immobilize
Encyclopedia: Stunning Stun