Noun: success suk'ses
- An event that accomplishes its intended purpose
"let's call heads a success and tails a failure"; "the election was a remarkable success for the Whigs"
- An attainment that is successful
"his success in the marathon was unexpected"; "his new play was a great success"
- A state of prosperity or fame
"he is enjoying great success"; "he does not consider wealth synonymous with success"
- A person with a record of successes
"if you want to be a success you have to dress like a success";
- achiever, winner, succeeder
Derived forms: successes
See also: successful, unsuccessful
Type of: attainment, happening, individual, mortal, natural event, occurrence, occurrent, person, prosperity, somebody, someone, soul, successfulness
Encyclopedia: Success, New Hampshire