Adjective: sympathetic ,sim-pu'the-tik
- Expressing or feeling or resulting from sympathy or compassion or friendly fellow feelings; disposed toward
"sympathetic to the students' cause"; "a sympathetic observer"; "a sympathetic gesture"
- (anatomy) of or relating to the sympathetic nervous system
"sympathetic neurons"; "sympathetic stimulation"
- Showing or motivated by sympathy, understanding, and generosity
- charitable, benevolent, kindly, good-hearted, openhearted, large-hearted
- (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings
"the sympathetic characters in the play";
- appealing, likeable, likable
- Having similar disposition and tastes
"with their many similar tastes, he found her a most sympathetic companion"
- Relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body
See also: commiserative, compassionate, condolent, congenial, empathetic, empathic, harmonious, kind, similar