Noun: table tey-bul
Verb: table tey-bul
- A piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs
"it was a sturdy table"
- A set of data arranged in rows and columns
"see table 1";
- tabular array
- A piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it
"I reserved a table at my favourite restaurant"
- Flat tableland with steep edges
"the tribe was relatively safe on the table but they had to descend into the valley for water";
- mesa [N. Amer]
- A company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game
"he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
- Food or meals in general
"she sets a fine table";
- [N. Amer] Hold back to a later time
"let's table the exam";
- postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off
- Arrange or enter in tabular form
- tabularize, tabularise [Brit], tabulate
- [Brit] Propose something
"table a motion"
Derived forms: tabling, tabled, tables
Type of: arrange, array, article of furniture, assemblage, delay, fare, furniture, gathering, piece of furniture, plateau, set, tableland