Noun: tasting tey-sting
Verb: taste teyst
- A small amount (especially of food or wine)
- A kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
"a wine tasting";
- Taking a small amount into the mouth to test its quality
"cooking was fine but it was the tasting that he enjoyed most";
- savoring [US], savouring [Brit, Cdn], relishing, degustation
- Have flavour; have a taste of something
- savor [US], savour [Brit, Cdn]
- Perceive by the sense of taste
"Can you taste the garlic?"
- Take a sample of
"taste the regional dishes";
- sample, try, try out
- Have a distinctive or characteristic taste
"This tastes of nutmeg";
- Distinguish flavours
"We tasted wines last night"
- Experience briefly
"The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died"
Derived forms: tastings
Type of: comprehend, consume, eating, experience, feeding, have, identify, ingest, know, live, perceive, perception, sample, sensing, take, take in
Encyclopedia: Tasting Taste